"(1) The Senate represents the highest governing body of the entire academic community in all areas of activity. The UMFCV Senate is chaired by the President of the Senate.
(2) Decisions of the UMFCV Senate shall be taken by a majority of the votes of the members present, if their number represents at least 2/3 of the total membership.
(3) The Senate shall be composed of 3/4 teaching staff and 1/4 students. All members of the Senate shall be elected by secret ballot by and from among the members of the faculty councils, according to the election regulations drawn up and approved by the Senate, separately for teachers and students.
(4) All elected members of the Senate (teachers and students) have equal rights and obligations, except for the right of students to vote in the validation of competitions for teaching positions, consulting professors and the extension of the activity of teachers above the legal retirement age.
(6) The Senate meetings may be attended as guests by department directors, teachers, the teachers' union representative, the chief accountant, the heads of service, the legal advisor, the representatives of the institutions involved in health care in Dolj county and the counties surrounding UMFCV.
(7) The Senate appoints and, if necessary, may dismiss, by secret vote and simple majority, the editor-in-chief of the magazine "Craiova medicală", the director of the University Medical Publishing House and the director of the International Relations Department.
Appointments are made for a period of 4 years.
(8) The Senate meets, as a rule, in monthly plenary meetings, or whenever necessary, at the convocation of the President of the Senate.
(9) In addition to the Senate, there shall be committees whose structure and composition shall be approved by the Senate."